Our programs aim to help youth lead healthy, productive and meaningful lives, focusing on five core objectives:
Our programs promote self-sufficiency and independence and enhance residents’ ability to function in their communities.
- To support our young people develop both the skills and personal characteristics that will empower them to live independently
- To provide education, services, and referrals via our community partners that help our young people maintain employment and explore career options
- To provide wrap-around services that will provide them with mental health, substance and medical services.
- To supply program participants with money management and budgeting skills
- To assist our young people in the development of healthy, meaningful and supportive relationships
Did You Know?
Studies show that 26% of young gay males surveyed had to leave home because they were not accepted once they came out to their families.
Another study of gay and lesbian youth found that two out of five had been physically assaulted, with more than three-fifths of the incident’s having occurring in their homes.
LGBT youth are two to three times as likely as their heterosexual counterparts to attempt suicide.
Housing is a major social determinate of health and a mitigating risk factor for HIV/STD infection.