The Essex LGBT Reaching Adolescents In Need (RAIN) Foundation is a 501(c)3 non profit that provides emergency shelter services to address the emergent need of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) individuals experiencing crisis leading to homelessness. Our programs promote self-sufficiency and independence to enhance our residents’ ability to function within their communities. Our programs aim to help adolescents lead healthy, productive and meaningful lives.
RAIN Foundation is located at 168 Park Street, East Orange, NJ and is currently licensed by the DCA and qualifies us to shelter 12 LGBT youth in need of emergency shelter services.
RAIN (Reaching Adolescents In Need) was created to provide transitional housing solutions to LGBT individuals experiencing crisis leading to homelessness.
Our mission is to help individuals by providing emergency shelter service to address the emergent need of LGBT individuals experiencing crisis leading to homelessness. Through integrated solutions we offer educational & financial responsibility resources as well as wrap around services in substance abuse and mental health counseling and drug testing. We are dedicated to bringing opportunities to troubled individuals in Greater Newark and surrounding communities.
WHAT WE DO:
- Assist in helping LGBT adolescents devise their plans to have healthy relationships, employment, stable housing, and positive lives.
- Partner with promising organizations to create a network of valuable resources our youth can depend on to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Foster an environment built on green, responsible and sustainable living.
- Provide behavioral health services, and programming to help empower our youth to live satisfying lives.
- Listen, access and encourage our young adults to strive for permanent independence by planning, saving and making good choices leading to self-sufficiency.
- Build a sense of family and connection that many adolescents have lost or never had effectively.
BOARD MEMBERS:Tamara A. Fleming Michelle Helms Betty Thomas Peggie Miller
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND FOUNDER: